Starting that engine and running it at peak performance is the priority and end goal of every business.
- It takes 1 to 3 touches to re-engage an inactive customer
- It takes 1 to 5 touches to engage a prospect who is high in the buying cycle
- It takes 5 to 12 touches to engage a warm inbound lead to buy
- It takes 5 to 20 touches to engage a prospect who has only a minimal familiarity with you or your company
- It takes 20 to 50 touches to engage a cold prospect who does not know you or your company
Now ask yourself how are you going to to that?
If you have done your research and have begun focusing on the names of companies that are a good fit for you, then you are ready for another cold, hard fact, it’s likely that many of these companies do not care about you or have even ever heard of you or your organization. Your name brings a blank stare and holds no value for them. So, what do you do?
Plan to become familiar to them. This plan might include office visits, phone calls, voice mail, e-mail, social media, trade shows, and industry conferences. Most importantly, establishing and maintaining contact with them, brand yourself and then integrating yourself into their business world. A word of caution, do not focus solely on building the relationship, do your work, use your product and professionalism in action, this will leave alasting impression.
- Each time you leave a voice mail they hear your name and your company name
- Each time they read an email they see your name, e-mail address, company name and your product/service line and how it fits with they’re pain/pleasure needs.
- Connect on social media and familiarity increases
- If you “like,” comment or share something they posted you become more familiar (and important).
- When you meet and talk at industry events and conferences a name is put together with a face and you are even more familiar.
- While building your relationship learn all you can about their business.
- Be aware of any recent changes and any talks of upcoming changes.
- Don’t be afraid to go the extra mile, the clients will remember you.
- Respond quickly, never make them wait.
- Be More than an email address. Create an online presence.
Even with the most finely tuned engine, you’re like the man out driving, who is hopelessly lost but making excellent time. Yet when you build around a plan, with a focused list, clear objectives, aimed at a niched based prospect channel it becomes easier, faster and brings greater results. Invest your time, your efforts and your resources wisely.
If you don’t have a clear plan, if you haven’t identified your objectives or have nothing in particular in mind, then that is what you can expect, nothing, or even worse, a glimpse of success and the knowledge of preventable loss.
At Larson & Associates that is our plan, that is what we do, we sit down with you and create the roadmap to your success. We find the tools to help fine-tune your engine, to reach a peak performance that will put you in the fast lane to success. We offer the services and solutions to assist you in building your business, we ready, willing and able to step in at any part of the process, from creation to fine-tuning, repair, rebuilding or management, we have the right solution for you.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!
Call or email
Larson & Associates