Like in the movies things always seem their darkest just before the light at the end of the tunnel. The recovery will happen. We all know it will. It is only a matter of when.
Now as most of you know every Monday I post the reposts coming out for the week. These are posted for you to benchmark what is going on out there, but most important of all those are, New orders for nondefense capital goods, the inventory to order ratio, corporate bond prices the Purchasing Managers index, the Conference Board’s U.S. Leading Indicators and of course the good old Stock Market, but between you and I, I sometimes wonder about the stock market.
Meanwhile you need to start preparing yourself for the coming upswing.
Here is the Larson short list of things to do:
1. Prepare and train your front line people.
2. Negotiate any labor contract you might have (if you have any).
3. Develop your advertising and marketing programs now.
4. Enter or re-negotiate any long-term leases.
5. Look for additional vendors.
6. Consider capital expenditures in light of market potential.
7. Use pessimism to your advantage when making any acquisitions.
8. Lead with optimism and a can-do attitude to get people past their fears.
Larson note: There are always opportunities in any economic cycle. If you can recognize them early and act quickly. So be a Boy Scout and “Be Prepared”.
Larson & Associates
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better
P.S. We make telesales for small business affordable by offering programs down to only 15 hours a week. Maybe you could add telesales into your marketing mix call today and find out.
P.P.S. We are offering 2 free (a $75.00 value) ½ hour consultation periods per week to talk about marketing businesses. Call or email to get your spot to pick my brain for 30 minutes today.
P.P.P.S. Want to be a guest blogger? If you have any marketing, advertising or sales stories to share and want them posted on the Larson blog email them to me at email@example.com. You and your company will get full recognition and links to your website.