Have you ever had the experience of building a site and nobody came?
I have learned a lot in the last few years of studying Internet Marketing and I think I have had a revelation. It is something quite obvious. And I'm sure you have seen it and understand it, but maybe it has not yet clicked for you.
1) I have set up a site and I want to send traffic to that site.
2) I have established a set of 18 keyword phrases that have little competition and have a total (average)
of 15,000 searches per month.
3) I have organized the site so that all the words in those 18 keyword phrases are well represented in the 50+ pages of the site (URLs, titles, body text, etc. .).
4) I have established at least 400 backlinks to the site
5) I have created a "cloud" of blog and forum posts which link to the site with the site's keywords as the anchor text of links to that site.
And nobody came.
I have done a Google search on all 18 of my keywords and none of them brings up any of my site pages or external posts in the first 3 pages of search results. One of the keywords comes in at #37 and another comes in at #56. The rest of them are too far down the list of results to find.
What could be the missing 'link' for getting Google to put some of my keywords on the first page of search results?
I think I know what it is that Google needs to see, which I have not yet provided.
I ask you to participate in an experiment with me to see if I have figured it out. It will take you about 15 minutes for your participation. If you participate with me in this experiment and it gets my keywords to move up in the search ranking, I'll set up a social network for us to continue doing this for each other and we can all work together for our mutual benefits.
Go to this link to participate in the experiment.
(you may have to join this other ning social network to participate).
My sincere thanks for considering this.
Rodger Bailey, MS