Can we talk plainly about this matter? NOT statistically! HUMANLY! Human to human, ok?
As a person who’s so optimistic it takes hard work and a conscious effort to make a negative statement, I must say that though optimism is an ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT of life, optimism alone is not enough.
In a capitalist society, you need cash! You need payments, checks, receipts, etc.
You need money.
Your network needs money.
And, yes, even I need money.
While it’s a “duh” for most people, honestly, I cannot tell you how often I forget this.
I forget it until either an emergency shows up in my life or in the life of someone I love or care about – and then you reach for your wallet, your credit card and realize – Oh, no! I forgot to replenish my money! I don’t have any.”
And while it may be distasteful for some to “openly” talk about money, I’ve seen far, far, far too many people make themselves sick over the lack money. I think that any protocol prohibiting us from having open, frank, healthy conversations about getting sufficient money in our lives should, itself, be the thing that’s classified as sick.
For those of us working under the brilliant lights of social media, you would not believe how many, many, many, many, many, many, MANY people I’ve talked to who don’t have access to $1,000, at this moment.
A thousand dollars! Unreachable by intelligent, hard working, decent people at the richest time in human history!
It’s easy to wax romantically about networking prowess or the size of this network or that network but, of what avail is all that stuff if you can’t at this very moment get your hands on ten $100 bills?
LIFE is NOT to be equated with financial resources but depleted, un-replenished financial resources can ruin your life.
Money can’t make you human but, the lack of money can ruin your human life.
I’ve seen it happen to too many good people, brilliant people. BRILLIANT but broke!
I’ve seen it happen to too many caring people, sensitive people. SENSITIVE but broke!
I’ve seen it happen to too many attractive people, beautiful people. BEAUTIFUL but broke! (Not all of these beautiful people are ethically deprived so they wouldn’t think of using their beauty as a source of income…)
You, yourself, know some of these people – though you may not know their personal circumstances.
The bottom line: Financial troubles require financial planning.
Now if you are independently wealthy, can’t remember the last time you had a financial problem and yet you can’t find your optimism, I invite you to join us in Pursuing Relentless Optimism on Brandergy.com at: http://Brandergy.com/group/PursuingRelentlessOptimism
We need money and we need optimism.
We need optimism and we need money.
We have to link these two things together: money and optimism…
Now the persistent optimist in me doesn’t want to leave you without saying a few encouraging but, forthright things:
1. If you are a job seeker, here’s a tip: don’t go to sleep until you send TEN resumes – TODAY!! Don’t worry about being so careful – SEND OUT THOSE RESUMES! TODAY!! GO HERE: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs
The job you’re looking for is there. If it’s not, come back and tell us about it, today. If you can’t find ten jobs there, send out your resume to each and every acceptable job you do find. Just do it, TODAY!!
2. Whether or not you love it, if you’d like to discuss your resume, come talk to us at I LOVE My Resume!: http://Brandergy.com/group/ILoveMyResume
3. If you are unemployed or underemployed, get a part time job. (I’m going to be telling more people about Linking Moonlighters, so I encourage you to join us: http://Brandergy.com/group/LinkingMoonlighters
4. If you are an independent consultant or small business owner, you need to focus TODAY on writing proposals and on getting out as many INVOICES as you possibly can. (I’m aware that there are Business Development Professionals among us who can find business but get stuck in writing the proposals that will help them get the business so, I set up Proposal Writing on Brandergy.com: http://Brandergy.com/group/ProposalWriting
5. Also, you shouldn’t go too far in a capitalist society without being insured so, GET INSURED! Of course, I set up a small group to help us discuss affordable insurance options: Get Insured on Brandergy.com: http://Brandergy.com/group/GetInsured/
6. Does it make any sense for you not to exercise your body? If you’ve got a body, it needs to be exercised. So guess what I did for you? Yep, I set up, “You Need To Exercise” on Brandergy.com http://Brandergy.com/group/GetInsured/
7. Finally, PLAN to be able to easily get a thousand dollar. I know that that’s “pocket money” or “chump change” to many of the millionaires on this list – and I know you’re here!:-) - but, at minimum, a professional, well-educated adult should PLAN to be able to get emergency money. It’s unsafe in this world if you can’t do that. (Actually, it’s unsafe in this world even if you can do that but, you get my point! :-))
I’m wishing you the best possible day you can have today...and BEYOND... -- +Thanks, and Keep STRONG!!
+1-860-967-0931 | SKYPE = MyLinkedinPowerForum