Where social media meets branding.
Here we are at part 6.
As before today’s list of 10 are all things you could do yourself but might want to outsource. Most of it is just content, content, content.
50. WordPress Tags: Tags are WordPress-specific relevancy signal. Tagging your pictures is always a good way to ad in keywords.
51. Keyword in URL: Another important relevancy signal. If it fits work the key word in the page URL.
52. URL String: The categories in the URL string are read by Google and may provide a thematic signal to what a page is about. This is one place I love. You might get hammered out with one or two key words but if you can work your key word strings to be nitch specific like “telemarketing for printers” , see what company comes up on page 1 with that string, you will start to get my excitement over them
53. References and Sources: Citing references and sources, like research papers do, may be a sign of quality. The Google Quality Guidelines states that reviewers should keep an eye out for sources when looking at certain pages: “This is a topic where expertise and/or authoritative sources are important…”. However, Google has denied that they use external links as a ranking signal. But Google could change the rules tomorrow if they wanted to. I tend to think that if you put in any sources for your content research it is an addition to key works and you could pull in possible hits from those companies or people.
54. Bullets and Numbered Lists: Bullets and numbered lists help break up your content for readers, making them more user friendly. Google likely agrees and may prefer content with bullets and numbers. I love numbered or bulleted content copy. I think or at least I like to have things laid out for me in a nice order to follow along.
55. Priority of Page in Sitemap: The priority a page is given via the sitemap.xml file may influence ranking. Most of you are not even going to get into the site map of your site but its there.
56. Too Many Outbound Links: Straight from the aforementioned Quality rater document a few blogs ago. Keep your links down to those that are important to you and your business. Don’t link out just to do it. Don’t distract from the Main Content of your page
57. Quantity of Other Keywords Page Ranks. If the page ranks for several other keywords it may give Google an internal sign of quality. Keep in mind you want to be content consistent but all (keywords) matter.
58. Page Age: Although Google prefers fresh content, an older page that’s regularly updated may outperform a newer page. Yes age does have its benefits. But like a hair cut keep it fresh, cut and trimmed monthly.
59. User Friendly Layout: Citing the Google Quality Guidelines Document yet again “The page layout on highest quality pages makes the Main Content immediately visible”
Larson Notes & Satire: This is all stuff you can do and be checking MONTHLY. If you don’t want to get a hold of me and I can do it for you. I took my page up to #1 so I know I can do the same for you.
And for better lead gen in telemarketing, teleprospecting and lead generation call Larson & Associates at 847-991-1294 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . One call is all it takes to start getting sales leads into your funnel.
Larson & Associates
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better
P.S. We make teleprospection for small business affordable by offering programs down to only 10 hours a week. Maybe you should add teleprospecting into your marketing mix call today and find out.